Does someone you care about have a cold or the flu and you wish you could help but don’t know what to do? Stifle those sniffles with a Kleenex® Get Well Care Package. When a friend, family member or loved one is feeling under the weather, here are some suggestions for how to make the ultimate care package that will surely bring a smile to their face. You can drop it off safely at their doorstep for a contact-less way to show you care!
Below are some of the items you should consider putting in your care package:
Care Package Idea #1: Comforts
Staying home in your pyjamas may sound like fun, but when you’re fighting off a cold you may also want something to help pass the time. Luckily we have a few get well soon gift suggestions to keep symptom sufferers comfortably entertained.
- A good book
- Epsom salts for a hot, soothing bath
- Kleenex® Soothing Lotion™ tissues, made with a touch of aloe, coconut oil and vitamin E that nourishes and moisturizes to help protect the skin. As America’s preferred lotion tissue* , their nose will thank you!
- Scented candles (even if they can’t smell them, they’re still nice!)
- A warm, cozy blanket or quilt to snuggle up in
- Comfy, fuzzy socks to keep the tootsies warm
- A jigsaw puzzle, crossword or sudoku puzzle book
Care Package Idea #2: Healing Foods
Certain foods have healing properties that can support your body when fighting an illness – and they just make you feel better. Include some of these nourishing foods in your sickness care package to help your sick friend, family member or loved one on the road to recovery.
- Homemade chicken soup or broth:
- Herbal tea:
- Raw honey:
- Coconut water:
- Bananas and oatmeal :
- Vitamin C-rich fruits and veggies:
Packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein and a source of fluids and electrolytes, these will keep them hydrated and strong. Plus, chicken soup contains the amino acid cysteine, which breaks apart mucus and has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects!
Hot tea acts as a natural decongestant, and the tannins in tea also have antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Toss in some fresh lemons, which are rich in Vitamin C and help loosen phlegm.
Raw honey is antioxidant-rich and served with tea or warm milk makes a hydrating, cough-soothing, antibacterial drink.
Packed with potassium and electrolytes, coconut water is an excellent, refreshing and delicious way to stay hydrated -- one of the most important things you can do when sick.
Both good sources of calories and nutrients and easy to eat when you’re sick. Bananas also contain soluble fiber which can help relieve diarrhea, while oatmeal is protein-packed and helps stimulate the immune system.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and supports healthy immune function. So, load up your get well soon care package with fruits and veggies packed with this powerful nutrient including oranges, kale, kiwis, broccoli, lemons, papayas and strawberries.
Care Package Idea #3: First Aid
- Kleenex® Soothing Lotion™ facial tissues to help protect skin by locking in moisture
- An over-the-counter nasal decongestant
- A neti pot or other nasal irrigation device to help clear their sinuses
- Rubs or ointments that contain menthol to help breathing feel easier
- A soothing hot/cold pack for aching, sore muscles
Care Package Idea #4: A Personal Touch
Show your sick friend, family member or loved one how much you care by adding a little extra something that’s truly from the heart.
- A handwritten note
- A custom playlist with all their favorite songs
Let Them Rest
You don’t have to limit your care package to what fits in a get well soon gift basket. Ask them if there’s anything you can do to help them rest. These small gestures will let your loved one focus on getting better.
- Offer to take their dog for a walk
- Cook them a meal
- Run some quick errands
Sending a thoughtful Kleenex® Get Well Care Package will help your loved one on the road to recovery faster.
*among leading national brands